Deep Sea Fishes
In the Sea
Sea Pictures and Wallpapers
Pictures of the Sea
Other Sea Information
Deep Sea Diving
Deep Sea Research
Naval Sea Systems
Sea Level Rise
Oceans and Seas
The Aral Sea
The Caspian Sea
Brief introduction about the attractive Anemone Crab :
The Anemone Crab is numerous species of Anemone family to be found. The Porcelain Anemone Crab being the top known are found in abundant. The Anemone Crab is broadly spread throughout the South Pacific Ocean, mostly found on coral reefs and, where different species of anemones are to be found. This crab has a symbolic relationship with many species of anemone; which includes the Carpet Anemone, which is commonly regarded as dangerous to be around if you are an aquatic water dweller. The anemone crab and the Clown fish are sea water animals that get pleasure from more or less of a quiet environment along with the carpet anemones and other anemones as well
Few interesting facts about the Anemone Crabs :
- The anemone crabs, are smaller than the anemone fishes, usually withdraw to a safe place, and spend much of the time living near the stalk.
- When they are captured, and kept in a home saltwater aquarium, they are usually easy keepers
- The anemone crab feeds on mainly plankton and bits of food, same goes with many types of anemone
- A pair of anemone crabs will share a single anemone and jointly attempt to protect their territory against other fishes or crabs
- The anemone crab does not require an anemone crab as a tank mate to stay alive, but its chances of existence are better when anemones are there
- The Porcelain Anemone Crab, although by no means are exceptional, is not often seen in their natural habitat, as it will generally try to keep out of sight of an approaching diver.
Diet & Feeding :
This Anemone crab is usually a group feeder. They like to spend their time in the tentacles. If their neighbors are not in an anemone, they will move slowly around the tank, feeding on meaty foods.
Characteristics & Compatibility :
If there is no anemone crabs in their tank as tank mate, these attractive crabs will move in the aquarium, searching for their food. If attacked, they will back away from an alleged predator, they may drop one or both of their large claws, which keep on to moving and search for a hiding place in the rocks.
Porcelain Anemone Crab :
Over View: Porcelain Anemone Crabs exist jointly in pairs under the security of an anemone. It may try to defend its area from clownfish that try to set up themselves among the anemone, although the clownfish usually prevails. It is violent toward others species, and should not be kept with superior, violent crabs which may attack them. It feeds on plank tonic food and mucus. It may be supplemented with drug food.
Quick Facts :
- Scientific Name: Neopetrolisthes ohshimai
- Other Common Names: Not known
- Identification: This crab is white with red patches or blotches of red and brown. They have very big front claws and generally exist in the tentacles of a number of anemones.
- Care Level: Simple
- Temperament: Quiet
- Reef Compatible: Yes
- Water Conditions: 71-75 F
- Color Form: White with red spots
- Diet: Carnivore feeder
- Supplements: Calcium, and Trace Elements
- Origin: Indo-Pacific region
- Family: Porcellanidae